Monday, May 28, 2012

Just Browsing

I'm taking you back to my booth so you can browse around. 
Maybe you'll see something you like.

When I was trying to decide what colors to paint this china cabinet I kept thinking about a beach cottage.  So I chose ASCP Duck Egg and Old Ochre. 

Here's the before. 
I felt like the pediment wasn't going to add to the beachy cottage look so I took it off.



I had so much fun adding all the ocean elements. 
There's silver plate shrimp forks, vintage sailing belay pins, driftwood, and of course seashells and starfish.  On the top I used the ladder from my niece and nephews old play set (I thought it looked like an old boat ladder). The books are Naval navigation charts and the crab picture is by an artist in Wetumpka.


I have to confess that the dining table and server are driving me crazy.  They are American Drew cherry, but I think I'm going to have to paint them.
On our last beach trip I bought a box of 12 vintage cameras.
Love buying in bulk!


The cameras range in age.
This one is from the 1920's.  I know it's not in the best condition but it still has a great look.

This is the youngest of the bunch. 
It's a 1971 Polaroid!
Complete with the add on flash, that took the little square cube.
(remember those...please say yes)
There's even a box of film in the case!

OK, I'll be quiet for a second and let you look in peace.




Thanks for coming in.  If you are ever in Pelham, AL be sure to stop by Encore.  Hopefully I'll be there cause I would love to meet you.


Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment